Brexit Part 4
What are the key issues and questions?
- The future political relations for the European Union and United Kingdom are difficult to predict. For some, the exit of the United Kingdom is a catastrophe. For others, it rids the EU of an exasperating distraction
- There is a risk of increasing division between the UK people and other cultures in the EU
- The negotiations also concern the free movement of persons between the European Union and the United Kingdom
- This issue of free movement is particularly relevant for Ireland, which shares its only land border with the United Kingdom; and would be particularly isolated, if a ‘hard’ border is imposed
- Much of the talks will deal with future trade relations between the two parties
- Finally, the economic consequences for the United Kingdom are unpredictable
We will during the next week be raising some questions and offering some answers about these issues. We are seeking a lively debate, driven by the fine minds of some young people from the Charente.
Who once said “ Common sense is not so common “ ? Answer will be in the next blog. Your clue for now:
Thank you for reading my blog.