The Interrogative – Part 2
When used as determiners, ‘ what’ , ‘ which ‘ , or ‘ whose ‘ can be used to ask questions:
- What book are you reading?
- Which plane is he catching?
- Whose jacket is this?
Or about the pronoun ‘ one ‘ or ‘ ones ‘
- Which one would you like?
- Which ones did Ruth want?
The determiner ‘ which ‘ can be used in questions about selecting. It can also be used together with the preposition offor the same purpose.
- Which colour shall we use?
- Which book sells the most copies?
- Which of these colours shall we use?
- Of all your novels,which of them did you enjoy writing the most?
The determiner ‘ whose ‘ asks about possession with reference to a person as the possessor.
- Whose mother did you say she was?
- Whose bag is this?
Thank you for reading my blog